30 Ekim 2015 Cuma

Personal expectations from a technology integrated teaching

When I will start teaching, I will be able to achieve the level of authentic adoption in technology integration in my opinion. Actually, I am not an advanced user of technology in my daily life. I have some difficulties in complying with the technology. The reason why I slog on dealing with it is that I did not pass an technology integrated educational system in my previous secondary or high school years not all that. However, thanks to the facilities of the university and newly gained approaches push me to be integrated with it. Now, I have recognized that new generation and their learning style are totally different from mine, and I have to be engage with it as a prospective teacher. In ELT department, We have some courses in which we are doing microteachings. In our microteachings, we have to use some methods and some integrated skills for our learners.The most important point in our teachings is our teaching materials. They should be interesting. Our students should be able to associate the materials with the real life. Briefly, we have to choose authentic materials for our students. I think guided use of technology is what I can achieve in my class. For instance, I can use an authentic listening text such as a hotel reservation in a while-listening activity or for techniques of top-down, bottom-up. However, I can face with some problems during this integration. Facilities of the school is really important for this process. If the teacher does not have enough option of technology in the class, then the intention of the integration might not be achieved successfully. For example, the teacher cannot use a CD player all the time in the class where there is no computer. The teacher cannot use cyclopes in the class where there is no projector. So, the lack of facilities can paint into a corner the teachers. Furthermore, the personalities of the students should be taken into account. Technology integration encourages the students' collaborative skills instead of competitive ones with communicative activities via the softwares or some useful websites on the Internet. However, some students might not want to work as a group. Some of them might be shy or some might think that they are better at individual works. Then, the teacher should overcome these personal obstacles. If I have such problems in my class, I firstly comfort my students by modelling each easy activity and then incorporating them into the techniques. When they see themselves achieving the tasks, then they will be encouraged. Without using technology in the class, both teachers and students fall behind the world. The world has been changing with the technology. Teachers should bring their students up by keeping up with all the other students in the world.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder